Volume: Vol2, Issue 1/2013

Published on: Mar 2013

Contains 12 articles

Founders of the introduction of modern chemistry in Timişoara: Ilie G. Murgulescu, Coriolan Drăgulescu and Radu Vâlceanu

 

Authors

PETRE T. FRANGOPOL *,1

 

Affiliation

1Institutul Naţional de Cercetare-Dezvoltare pentru Fizică şi Inginerie Nucleară “Horia Hulubei”

 

 

An invited lecture at the round table “Contribution of the chemistry laboratories of Timisoara for the History of Roumanian Chemistry” organized by the Roumanian Academy, Branch of Timisoara, between May 22-23, 2003, is published for the first time. The political activities as well as their scientific contributions of professors Ilie G. Murgulescu and Coriolan Dargulecu in the period 1930 – 1970 are briefly presented along with their contributions to the development in Timisoara of the Politechnic University and the foundation of the Agricultural University, the Industrial Chemistry Faculty and the Institute of Chemistry, the last one in collaboration with Radu Vâlceanu.

 

Pages

47-51

 

Full article access  Total downloads: 1301 (Distinct clients:369)

Download citation (bibtex)

*Correponding author